Your 60K service is one of the most extensive routine services your car will undergo. Not only is it one of the longest, but it is also one of the most important. Stauder Automotive wants to remind all car owners in Oakland that coming into our shop once your car reaches 60,000 miles is vital to the function of your car over the long haul.
Each car manufacturer has different standards for what is done at the 60K service. If you have stayed up to date on your maintenance then you can usually expect the following services when you bring your car in to Stauder Automotive:
- Complete fluid changes in all systems, from brake to clutch to oil.
- Checking the brakes and shocks to see if they need replacement. Shock replacement is very possible.
- Alignment of all the wheels.
- All belts will be inspected, having a belt snap can leave you stranded! The timing belt may be able to wait until 75,000 miles or longer.
- Testing of the water pump.
- Air filter replacement.
- New spark plug.
- Fuel filter replacement.
This is in addition to a checking of every single inch of your car. 60,000 miles is a long way to go for any car. Your Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Ford, Chevy, Lexus, Jeep or whatever you drive, is likely a well built machine with a long life ahead of it. Taking the time to do a complete 60K service, here at Stauder Automotive will ensure its longevity well into the future. Stop by our Oakland shop as soon as you see 60,000 miles!