Brake and Lamp Inspection at Stauder Automotive, Oakland
The purpose of brake and lamp inspection is to ensure your vehicle is at minimum operating safety. While these inspections are usually for drivers applying for a salvage certificate for a vehicle, it is also a fast and cost-effective inspection we recommend to keep everyone in town safe. You probably heard our reputation serving the community over 40 years in Oakland, but let our friendly professionals at Stauder Automotive show off our quality workmanship on brake and lamp inspections, oil changes, tune-ups and smog checks.
There is nothing scarier for a driver than a narrow field of vision from a dim headlamp on a dark highway - expect having slow responding brakes, too. Whenever you bring your vehicle for a brake and lamp inspection at our Oakland facility, our ASE & State certified mechanics will go through a detailed checklist of your brake and lamp systems.
- Brake pads cannot be worn below minimum specs
- All braking components must be installed correctly and in working order
- Check signs of leakage in the hydraulic system
- No defective warning lamps or any cracks on hoses
- Emergency brake must be capable of holding the vehicle on 6% grade
- Vehicle must be able to stop in less than 20 feet at speed for 25mph
- All original lighting equipment must function properly
- Headlamps and all adjusting hardware must adjustable
- All reflectors and lenses must be intact
- No body damage that interferes with the visibility of lighting equipment
Schedule a brake and lamp inspection at Stauder Automotive’s Oakland facility and let us keep you safe, like we have done for thousands of drivers over the last 40 years.